Your word. Your bond.
Spanish author Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra originally wrote, "An honest man's word is as good as his bond." This holds especially true in the mystery shopping industry. Being an independent contractor (mystery shopper) is great; you get to choose your own hours and pick the assignments you want to take. When you accept a mystery shopping assignment, you are making a commitment; giving your word that the shop will be completed correctly and on time.
The mystery shopping company and scheduler you work with will depend on your timeliness and accuracy. Obviously, life can throw us all curve balls from time to time, so when applying for or assigning yourself to a mystery shopping assignment, consider the following tips to help hit many of those curve balls out of the park.
- Be sure to look at the start date and due date to make sure you can complete the shop on time within any defined time and date restrictions.
- Confirm the mystery shop right away in your Shop Log.
- If you apply for a shop but never see an email stating that you have been assigned or that it has been assigned to someone else, check back on the status. The automated email may have gotten lost in your SPAM folder.
- Read the guidelines and the report thoroughly before completing any mystery shop. We cater our shopping programs to suit our clients' needs, so the guidelines may have changed since the last time you performed a shop.
- Remember that the guidelines and report work in tandem to give you all the necessary information you will need to successfully complete a mystery shop.
Your scheduler can typically work with you when "life happens." Keep him or her in the loop if you have any questions or concerns with your shop guidelines or due date.
IntelliShop Named a Shopper’s Choice Winner for Mystery Shopping Professionals Association Americas (MSPA)
Hi Shoppers, THANK YOU for voting IntelliShop one of MSPA’s Shopper’s Choice winners – for the SIXTH consecutive year! We are very appreciative of this honor, and we do not take it, or you, lightly, or for granted. Your work is important to helping us be the best customer...
Don’t be a Victim of Common Mystery Shopping Scams
Mystery shopping has long been used for market/customer experience research. Unfortunately, there are as many consumer scams as there are legitimate market research companies. Therefore, consumers who are interested in mystery shopping are advised to thoroughly research any...
The program is going fantastic!
The program is going fantastic! Everything is going as planned. We love working with the entire team and couldn’t ask for a better partnership.